Who Are We?






What are you doing here?
We have a real site as of 3-3-2012!
Trust us, it looks and feels better there!
MCDen @ Mine-Craft-Den.com




































































Other than just another random creative and survival server, we aim to do things differently than other servers dare: Allow and Do more than those pesky instructions say.

Join us on our server either by the game itself, or in Dynmap. We are running MineCraft 1.4.7 with Craftbukkit/Spigot and Spout. Spout Craft is Optional, But Preferred.

| Home | Facebook Group | Plugins | Ingame Stats |

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Date Decided: 27/28 Update to MC 1.4.6

I have decided to update the server to MC 1.4.6 on Thursday/Friday, Dec 27/28. I have these two days off from work. I am doing trial runs to find the combination of Spigot, Spout, and related plugins to run on the server.

As for the related Inventory issue that I have been worrying about. I have come to a decision. I will be disabling the Creative World Between Sunday, Dec 23, for two weeks. Doing so will force all players to who are active but play in the creative world to force log in to the survival worlds.

When I go to update the server to MC 1.4.6, I will disable WorldInventories plugin, the plugin that keeps player's inventories separated between groups of worlds, mostly keeping Creative and Survival Inventories separated, and Temporarily WhiteList the server. WhiteListing the server will help keep people out while we make certain nothing is broken and cause players major issues. Sorry, not letting anyone exploit stuff. This will also ensure no one loses their items. How? If all active players between Sunday and the time I update the server to MC 1.4.6, they will log in with the same inventory and data they head on the last login.

What about the players who were not active this week? As long as they stay calm and mature, and give me some time, I can look up their player data and read it. Then set the player on a clean slate and begin 'giving' them the items. I will not be 100% exact, such as durability. But I will do my best to give the player the base item with the same enchants. For books on the other hand, that part is easy, last I knew, it was like giving myself regenerated maps. '/i map:15' would give me one of the 9 maps of town MCDen.

How should one request their proper inventories?
- First, make sure your character's inventory is empty so you don't lose anything you need. I will update your inventory when I'm on and have time and you are offline. It's easier to work when the player's data is not being used.
- Then ask in one of three ways:
  1. Send me a message via /mail ingame. '/mail write LigerXT5 Could you set my 1.4.5 inventory please?'
  2. Comment below asking with your EXACT ingame player name.
  3. E-mail us asking with your EXACT ingame player name.
Will XP, Money, Health, Hunger, and spawn location be effected?
- If you were in the creative world when you last logged out and you join in after 1.4.6, all but your money will be reset. Money is managed by a different plugin entirely.

I'm not sure if I covered everything. Comment, e-mail, or ask me ingame if you have a concern.

Bottom line: Anyone Raging due to lost of inventory after the update and not asking what happened or reading the info above will be ignored by staff, or if lucky, will be suggested to read the highlighted text above. There is a notification ingame stating to read this page and everyone has been warned. If someone complains about a terribly ran server or terribly managed plugins, I will personally ban them. I have stated time and time again. I manage the server in my free time as a hobby. I have trouble trusting people as it is to allow FTP/SSH access to help.

Continue reading if you are wanting to help.

I and three other admins has access to the FTP/SSH. RIky is on Christmas break with family, currently skiing. JollyGG is managing work and family with his life right now and cannot help. Which currently leaves me with all the control work to do. I have been teaching a new staff member that has been slowing working his way up the ranks. I will be teaching him how to access the server via FTP and SSH soon.

We are looking for other people we can add to staff. If players do not show proper interest in helping, we will not add them. Requesting to be staff without proving it to us without asking will be looked down upon. What's the right way? Simple, Don't ask, show. Not much simpler than that. KenosHybred is a perfect example. He joined the server, was mature and helpful to new players as they joined. After about a week, we asked him if he would like to be part of the staff. He has gone from member, to DenPatrol, to Moderator, shortly will be Admin. We have a few other DenPatrol players, one or two I have thought about promoting soon to Moderator.

Do you want to help us outside the server without donating money? Sure, just don't advertise on other servers. It's a rule on our server about No Advertising, I don't want people spamming other servers and making us look bad by contradicting our rules. Mention us on forums and sites. Help make some banners we can use on our server listings (such as those used in VOTE linked in the Navigation bar above). Inviting more people will help a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment