Who Are We?






What are you doing here?
We have a real site as of 3-3-2012!
Trust us, it looks and feels better there!
MCDen @ Mine-Craft-Den.com




































































Other than just another random creative and survival server, we aim to do things differently than other servers dare: Allow and Do more than those pesky instructions say.

Join us on our server either by the game itself, or in Dynmap. We are running MineCraft 1.4.7 with Craftbukkit/Spigot and Spout. Spout Craft is Optional, But Preferred.

| Home | Facebook Group | Plugins | Ingame Stats |

Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving is coming around

As Thanksgiving is coming around, everyone is busy with this and that. Same as I and most of the other staff on the server. In an attempt to fix a lot of the command questions, I've been working on HAL's responses. They do not respond perfectly, but it gets the job done.

I've redone the Rules Finish room to automate the change from Testing group to Welcomed/Member, while giving the server wide response and giving items.

I've been tinkering with the server settings, the server should auto restart on freezes now. I'm not 100% certain of this for another few weeks.

Most of the bugs, such as Torches and weather effects, glitching along everyone's screens, this is due to MC itself. Nothing we can do about it.

Signs and such being blank when teleporting or having any chunks loading is a known issue. As far as I know, this is server related. Some data is not being sent to the client to state what is where for signs and item frames. When I can, I'll be updating the server to the next spigot version.

I have been trying to set up individual NPC Villager shops around town, most to all a fail. Many players, and I, cannot click them to even trade. Some villagers trading is a bit odd ball. I've added in ShopKeepers to maintain what villager sells what, but the clicking on a villager is still an issue so far.

I will be working on the plugins page, probably going to start from scratch, to update what plugins we are using with URL's to their pages for more details. I have been working on a tutorial area in the saucer for some of the commonly used plugins, but it's still in the works.

Lastly, I've paid for another month of advertising on mcservers.org. We do get a lot more people this way, but it's expensive. Last month it cost me $120, this month it was $140. I've checked other server listing sites, they do bidding and they range up to nearly $500 a month. I can't do that. I've got bills of my own along with paying to keep the server up when we don't get much in donations. We have gotten a fair bit of donations in the last six months, and I thank you all that have. Those who have donated $50 for tier 5 donation, there is a surprise coming up about the delayed addition.

If you want to help, but don't want to donate, may I suggest passing around the referrer link for our server and host. For every slot someone purchases and keeps for at least a week, we get $0.35 per slot. In the last 4-6 months, we gained about $79. www.hostedgameservers.com/?ref=ligerxt5

I do plan, when we can get spout working again, to have donation limited items. Such as 8 people paying $10 or $15 can get a weapon, Obsidian Sword, that has no durability and does a ton of damage. Though I'm still debating on what enchants it will have. If this is a success, I'll keep the idea going with other unique blocks, items, and weapons. Armor though, can't do much, unless you want to buy a chunk of diamond and enchant potions to make armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment