Who Are We?






What are you doing here?
We have a real site as of 3-3-2012!
Trust us, it looks and feels better there!
MCDen @ Mine-Craft-Den.com




































































Other than just another random creative and survival server, we aim to do things differently than other servers dare: Allow and Do more than those pesky instructions say.

Join us on our server either by the game itself, or in Dynmap. We are running MineCraft 1.4.7 with Craftbukkit/Spigot and Spout. Spout Craft is Optional, But Preferred.

| Home | Facebook Group | Plugins | Ingame Stats |

Friday, September 21, 2012

Where'd everyone go?

As most everyone knows, our server has always lacked a fair sized active community. Some people will pass the test and stay, for a while, many will pop on and leave. I know some people will stay until we hit a day where the server does not cooperate with me. A lot of random issues are out of my hand until I can figure out why and fix it. I try to show some of the higher staff how to manage the server when I'm away, such as work or class, but I can't show everything until something goes haywire. I have been thinking of, still not sure if I want to or not, bring in a couple more server experienced players to help keep someone on the server and accept passed players as full members.

Either that, or make a change to the last question, not take it away, but not mention it will be asked; change the tag from 'passed' to a light blue 'm' while the full member is a dark 'm'. When a server staff sees a player with a light 'm' they will be asked. This way, any and all players who join and pass the test think they passed and be more willing to stay. I also plan to set the command ran for those who are not old enough to send a 0 rating comment to glizer stating their said age and cannot read and follow rules. This may sound a little harsh, but if people cannot read 5 small rules before agreeing, really need a reality check. I will also be doing something similar with mcbans. I'm still looking into this without the player actually being banned, unless they cause a temper-tantrum.

Lastly, where has some the more active staff? Err... Let's just say we're stuck on the Borderlands outside of Minecraft for a while.

Please remember, if there is any issues, send us a /calladmin (description) ingame and either Riky_516 or I will reply as soon as we can when we see it. As for those who do not know, it sends us a message on our iDevices. That would be my iPad, which I don't use very often, but my g/f usually tells me, or Riky's iPhone, which he usually responds fairly fast. We will also get a /mail message ingame for easy lookup.

As just a thought to add in here...
Many players have asked what can they do, or what's the goal. We don't have any real goal. I like the idea of a player to join and do pretty much what ever they want with little restrictions. I have had the idea of two nations at war. Now I've been thinking of three simple nations who at which can go at war with one another if they wish. One of each: Money based, Resource based, or full out War based. Kinda like the three things you can do in Eve Online, World of Warcraft, etc. Quests? Personally, even if I had the interest, I don't have the time with college, work and what little social time I've got between the two. If we do add a optional quest system, I'll leave that to someone who can do this much better than I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment